BeReady is offered to young people in Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5, where it is appropriate.
It is an online learning platform which focuses upon core employability topics that support young people to ‘be ready’ for life beyond school or college and to build up their confidence and their value to future employers.
All BeReady modules are CPD accredited and can be used to build up a CV of evidence of the employability skills and work readiness that employers look for when they are ready to transition into the workplace.
The BeReady modules include:
- Developing Leadership skills
- Foundations of communication
- Foundations of resilience
- Applying for jobs
- Interviews and assessment centres
iDEA (inspiring Digital Enterprise Award)
iDEA is offered to young people in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, where it is appropriate.
It is an international award-winning programme that helps young people develop digital enterprise and their employability skills to allow them greater opportunities to be better equipped for the digital world
It offers CPD accredited learning in the form of badges to inspire young people and to enhance their employability. These badges aggregate towards their Bronze, Silver or Gold ‘inspiring Digital Enterprise Award’.
iDEA badges are short interactive online modules which can be completed anywhere that a learner is online. The badges come under the following headings:
- Citizen badges – These include modules on cyber security, digital ethics, E-Commerce, E safety and online etiquette and cloud computing
- Worker badges – These include modules on data visualisation, digital portfolios, digital research coding and project management
- Maker badges – These include modules on animation, coding, coding troubleshooting, GIF making and video editing
- Entrepreneur badges – These include modules on advertising, money management, idea influencer, researcher and growth hacking
- Gamer badges – these include modules on an introduction to gaming, game design and how to build a python quiz